Welcome to Chaplaincy Care
Following four years of working in church and hospital settings and a further nine years in Industrial Chaplaincy, James Lindsay offers you the benefit of his pastoral experience with Chaplaincy Care, serving bereaved families in and around Derby.
Listening carefully to your choices produces a unique and professional funeral ceremony. The aim is not just to officiate at a service, but to provide a service for you and your family. James’ own experiences of loss adds a real empathy and understanding to his personal and caring approach.
What we Offer
Being Ordained, Chaplaincy Care can respectfully officiate at either:
Christian Services - This service may incorporate well-loved hymns, readings and prayers along with music, poetry or other material
Non-Religious Services - Based on human values and morals, with music and poems, but without any reference to matters of faith.
You can expect:
- Contacting you to put together a unique funeral ceremony.
- Preparing and conducting the service with care and respect.
- Telephone and email contact throughout as necessary.
- Aftercare and support is also available as requested.
- Police Checked and Fully Insured
The Gospel Message
- God’s Love - “For God so loved the world that he gave his only son Jesus. Whoever believes in him shall not die, but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- My Separation - “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way.” Isaiah 53:6
- God’s Answer - “The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love.” Psalm 108:8
- My Response - “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
- God’s Promises - “If you confess with your mouth that “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- My Prayer - “Father God, I know that I may have wronged you and others. I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for me on the cross to forgive me, and that he was raised from the dead. Help me to follow your ways as I place my trust in you now. I invite Jesus into my heart and life as my Lord, my Saviour and my friend. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and strengthen my faith as I trust in you. Amen”
“I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.” 1 John 5:13
Why not join a local church or an Alpha Course to learn more about your faith?
About Chaplaincy Care
Here's a bit about how James came to start Chaplaincy Care...
1990 -1995 - After leaving school James trained in Catering and Hospitality
He went on to work for Best Weston in Germany for two years + later for Royal Caribbean Cruise Liners.
1996-1997 – Training and working with the London City Mission.
Placement – St Mary’s Church - Bermondsey
1997-2000 – Training and working with the Derby City Mission.
Placements – Chaplaincy Visitor with the Derbyshire Royal Infirmary Hospital.
Alvaston Baptist Church and Boulton Lane Baptist Church.
2000-2005 – Catering and Hospitality, working at the Royal School for the Deaf and later Westwood Residential Home.
March 2005 – July 2014 – Chaplain to the railway employees and British Transport Police throughout the East Midlands. Offering pastoral care to all employees, regardless of religious beliefs.
Present – Chaplaincy Care – Independent Celebrant
James is happily married and has four amazing children. He enjoys walking,
reading, socialising and spending lots of time with his lovely family.
Chaplaincy Care donates 10% of all proceeds to charity.
“Hi James, my sisters and I just wanted to send you a very big thank you for taking the service for Mum. Our Mum would have loved it... You made the service so joyful and full of love.”
“Your support in the planning process was efficient and effective, picking exactly the right words we needed to make the impact we wished for.”
“You brought soul and life to the service and I could not have wished for anyone nicer. Everyone commented on the great job you did and that it was a most fitting celebration of life.”
“You made the service beautiful, respectful and meaningful for us all. My dad would have loved it! You have that special, sincere personality that truly fits your profession.”
“A big thank you for the amazing service you gave at our late Mums funeral. It was perfect.”
“The service itself, your kind words and the thought that went into the service contributed to making the occasion much less daunting and ensured that our family goodbye was a dignified and uplifting one. We are very grateful for that.”
Contact Chaplaincy Care
James can be contacted by leaving your details below,
Call him on 07474 868605,