Welcome to Chaplaincy Care
Following four years of working in church and hospital settings and a further nine years in Industrial Chaplaincy, James Lindsay offers you the benefit of his pastoral experience with Chaplaincy Care, serving bereaved families in and around Derby.
Listening carefully to your choices produces a unique and professional funeral ceremony. The aim is not just to officiate at a service, but to provide a service for you and your family. James’ own experiences of loss adds a real empathy and understanding to his personal and caring approach.
It is important when putting together a Tribute (Eulogy) that the person officiating has as much information as possible. This should not only include the person’s history, but also details of the person’s character, family and significant friends to mention. Treasured memories, hobbies and interests, beliefs or philosophies and maybe even one two of those special recollections that bring a smile!
What we Offer
Being Ordained, Chaplaincy Care can respectfully officiate at either:
Christian Services - This service may incorporate well-loved hymns, readings and prayers along with music, poetry or other material
Non-Religious Services - Based on human values and morals, with music and poems, but without any reference to matters of faith.
You can expect:
- Contacting you to put together a unique funeral ceremony.
- Preparing and conducting the service with care and respect.
- Telephone and email contact throughout as necessary.
- Aftercare and support is also available as requested.
- Police Checked and Fully Insured
The Gospel Message
- God’s Love - For God so loved the world that he gave his only son Jesus. Whoever believes in him shall not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16
- My Separation - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
- God’s Answer - The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love. Psalm 108:8
- My Response - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
- God’s Promises - If you confess with your mouth that “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
- My Prayer - “Father God, I know that I may have wronged you and others. I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for me on the cross to forgive me, and that he was raised from the dead. Help me to follow your ways as I place my trust in you now. I invite Jesus into my heart and life as my Lord, my Saviour and my friend. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and strengthen my faith as I trust in you. Amen”
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:13
Why not join a local church or an Alpha Course to learn more about your faith?
About Chaplaincy Care
Here's a bit about how James came to start Chaplaincy Care...
1990 -1995 - After leaving school James trained in Catering and Hospitality
He went on to work for Best Weston in Germany for two years + later for Royal Caribbean Cruise Liners.
1996-1997 – Training and working with the London City Mission.
Placement – St Mary’s Church - Bermondsey
1997-2000 – Training and working with the Derby City Mission.
Placements – Chaplaincy Visitor with the Derbyshire Royal Infirmary Hospital.
Alvaston Baptist Church and Boulton Lane Baptist Church.
2000-2005 – Catering and Hospitality, working at the Royal School for the Deaf and later Westwood Residential Home.
March 2005 – July 2014 – Chaplain to the railway employees and British Transport Police throughout the East Midlands. Offering pastoral care to all employees, regardless of religious beliefs.
Present – Chaplaincy Care – Independent Celebrant
James is happily married and has four amazing children. He enjoys walking,
reading, socialising and spending lots of time with his lovely family.
Chaplaincy Care donates 10% of all proceeds to charity.
“You were considerate and thoughtful and helped immensely during this very difficult time. Thanks also for the wonderful eulogy you wrote for my Mum. It was a lovely tribute.”
“Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the service you conducted. It was everything that we wished for; warm, sincere, light and bright, with a touch of humour... Dad would have loved it!”
“We thank you for your kind words, care and thought you put into the service. We will be eternally grateful that the service was handled with such dignity.”
“So many people commented to us that they thought the service was wonderful and very befitting. We also really appreciated your help and your support during this difficult time.”
“You delivered the entire service and especially the personal tribute about his life to absolute perfection. Saying thank you doesn’t seem enough!”
“Your kind words and support had an almost visible effect on mums state of mind; allowing her to begin to come to terms with her loss and start to look forward.”
Contact Chaplaincy Care
James can be contacted by leaving your details below,
Call him on 07474 868605,